ALL FLIGHTS TO MAURITIUS SUSPENDED FOR ONE WEEK AS FROM 07 MARCH 2021
The National Covid-19 High Powered Committee met today and took the decision to enforce travel restrictions to Mauritius for a period of one week with effect from midnight 06 March 2021.
No passenger will be allowed entry or transit in the Republic of Mauritius.
No passenger will be allowed entry in Rodrigues.
Crew members will be allowed entry and shall have to strictly abide to the sanitary protocols set out by the Ministry of Health and wellness in Mauritius.
The MTPA will keep the travelling public informed of developments.
NOTICE TO ALL TRAVELLERS TO MAURITIUS
Updated Communique with regards to the spread of the “new coronavirus” (Covid-2019)
Following the continuous and rapid spread of the Covid-19 virus, the following precautionary measures have been adopted by the Mauritian Authorities:
- All travelers who come from or have been in transit in the following countries during the last 15 days will not be allowed to enter the Mauritian territory until further notice:
- South Africa
We wish to reassure that all precautionary measures are being taken to protect the residents of Mauritius and other travellers.
All prospective passengers (including children and infants) travelling to Mauritius must possess the following documents:
- a certificate of a negative COVID – 19 PCR test administered between 5 and 7 days prior to the date of boarding at the last point of embarkation.
- a valid air ticket to Mauritius; and
- proof of purchase of a travel package including accommodation, on a full board basis, at a designated hotel for a mandatory 14-day in-room quarantine.
Attention is also drawn to the fact that
- any arriving passenger will have to undergo PCR tests on day of arrival, day 7 and day 14 following arrival: and
- if a PCR test reveals that a person is COVID-19 positive, he shall be transferred to a public medical institution for treatment.
- Non-Mauritians must pay a fee of Rs13,500 per person to their hotel to cover for Ministry of Health costs (including three PCR tests administered in Mauritius) when purchasing their travel package.
- You are allowed to share a room or a villa with a family member however do note that should the person be covid positive , an additional 14 days quarantine will be applicable at your own costs.
Incoming passengers to Mauritius must download and fill their Public Health Covid-19 Passenger Health Self-Declaration Form and Passenger Locator Form which must be handed over to the Ministry of Health and Wellness counters upon their arrival.
Download Public Health Covid-19 Passenger Health Self-Declaration Form
Download Passenger Locator Form